UPDATED 12/23/2020: City of Mt. Pleasant Extends Building Closure Until 1/15/2021; But Full Services Provided
UPDATED 12/8/2020: City of Mt. Pleasant Extends Building Closure Until 1/4/2021; But Full Services Provided
In order to keep our community safe and slow the spread of COVID-19, the City of Mt. Pleasant is heeding the warning of federal, state and local health officials while continuing to provide important city services. Therefore, City Hall and Public Safety offices will be closed to the public until January 15, 2021. Access to city services is still available online, over the phone, or by appointment only. Residents are encouraged to conduct their city business virtually.
NOVEMBER 17, 2020: In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, the City of Mt. Pleasant continues to follow recommendations of federal, state and county health officials while continuing to provide important city services.
Therefore, due to the latest Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Emergency Order, beginning November 18, 2020 through December 8, 2020 City Hall and Public Safety offices will be closed to the public. Access to city services is available online, over the phone, or by appointment only. Residents are encouraged to conduct their city business virtually.
If an in-person transaction/service is necessary, an appointment must be made in advance. Upon request, staff will schedule an appointment within one business day. Individuals coming to a city facility for a scheduled face-to-face transaction will be required to do the following:
- Call the City staff member they are meeting from the parking lot upon arrival.
- Over the phone, the City staff member will go through a health-screening questionnaire with the visitor.
- If answers suggest a potential COVID risk, the individual will not be admitted to the building.
- If answers do not appear to present a COVID risk, City staff will meet the individual in the vestibule/lobby. Transactions and meetings will take place in this area, if possible.
City Leaf Collection
- Leaves will be picked up as scheduled during the weeks of November 16 and November 30.
- City trash pick-up and recycling is still taking place as per the normal schedule. Thursday, November 26 pick-up will be delayed to Friday due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
- City trash bags and tags are available at Meijer and Ric’s. Individual tags are available at GreenTree Grocery. If purchase of a recycling bin, City trash bags or tags are necessary at City Hall, an appointment will be required.
Large Item Pick Up
- Tags can be ordered online. Once payment is received, your tag will be delivered to your door.
The City of Mt. Pleasant will host its public meetings virtually as permitted by Public Act 228 of 2020. Citizens can watch these meetings live on Spectrum Charter Channel 188, web streamed at https://www.youtube.com/user/MtPleasantMi/ or via Zoom. Any citizen desiring to make a public comment may email their agenda item comments to email@example.com or attend the virtual Zoom meeting.
PEAK programming will follow the Mt. Pleasant Public Schools operational level.
- Youth basketball and volleyball programs scheduled to begin during the week of November 16 will be postponed until further notice.
- The Annual Christmas Celebration scheduled for December 4-5, 2020 is cancelled.
Payments and Building/DPW Permits
- Citizens can make payments via mail (320 W. Broadway Street), the City’s Drop Box located outside of City Hall, or online at www.mt-pleasant.org.
- Building and DPW Permit requests can be electronically submitted by visiting www.mt-pleasant.org. In-person inspections will follow recommendations of federal, state and local health officials. If needed, virtual inspections can be conducted through Skype or Zoom.
The City will continue to monitor this situation and be guided by information provided by the Central Michigan District Health Department https://www.cmdhd.org/novel-coronavirus, the State of Michigan https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus, and the Center for Disease Control & Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Information will be updated and shared via the City’s website (www.mt-pleasant.org), Blog (mpcityblog.com), Facebook and Twitter accounts, MACTV Charter Spectrum Channel 188, and the Community Information Phone Line (989) 779-5320.