Summary of Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, July 13, 2020, at 7:00 p.m.
City Manager Ridley spoke in memoriam of Morning Sun Reporter Mindy Norton and a moment of silence was held.
Added agenda Item #15: “Consider a resolution supporting Executive Order 2020-147 regarding face coverings.” to the agenda.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held June 22, 2020.
2) Bid of The Isabella Corporation of Mt. Pleasant, MI for the 2020 0.5 MG Elevated Tank Valve and Watermain Replacement bid.
3) Contract with J. Ranck Electric, Inc. of Mt. Pleasant, MI for traffic signal improvements as presented.
4) Received a proposed ordinance to amend portions of Chapter 50: Solid Waste and set a public hearing for Monday, July 27, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
5) Authorized the Mayor to sign the required certificates for the EDA Grant for Industrial Park South Detention Pond.
6) Resolution to Select an Alternative Date for the 2020 July Board of Review Meeting.
7) Designated Human Resources Consultant/Safety Officer Shar Rappuhn as the employer delegate and Human Resources Director Susanne Gandy as the alternate for the 2020 MERS Annual Meeting.
8) Warrants dated June 23, July 1 and 2, 2020 and Payrolls dated June 26, 2020 all totaling $1,306,598.01.
Revised the August 2019 action related to the tree at 420 South Kinney Street such that the evaluation on the health of the tree would occur every five years or when the tree experiences storm damage, whichever occurs first.
Approved the Christmas Tree Disposal Fee resolution as presented.
Authorized the City Manager to sign the amendment to the Brownfield Loan Agreement with the revised loan terms as presented.
Approved a Resolution Supporting Executive Order 2020-147 Regarding Face Coverings. (CC Exh 8-2020)
Conducted a work session on homeowner loan/grant programs associated with MSHDA grant.
Adjourned the meeting at 8:51 p.m.