Here are the topics to watch at the next virtual Mt. Pleasant City Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, July 13, 2020 at 7 p.m.
- Introduce an ordinance to amend Chapter 50: Solid Wastes and set a public hearing for July 27, 2020 on the same.
- Consider authorizing the execution of documents associated with the Economic Development Association (EDA) Grant for Industrial Park South Detention Pond.
- Consider resolution to select an alternative date for the 2020 July Board of Review meeting.
- Consider postponed resolution setting fee for Christmas tree pickup.
- Consider authorization for amended loan repayment terms for Brownfield Redevelopment Loan.
To view the entire meeting packet visit:
How to follow public meetings during social distancing:
In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, the City of Mt. Pleasant is following federal, state and county health officials’ recommendations while still providing valuable City services.
Even though the City Commission meeting will take place as scheduled, it will be an electronically conducted meeting as allowed by the Governor’s Executive Order and the City Commission Chambers will be closed to the public.
Citizens can watch the City Commission meeting live on Spectrum Charter Channel 188, web streamed at https://www.youtube.com/user/MtPleasantMi/ or via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting instructions via computer, phone, or dial-in number are as follows:
Zoom Meeting information
Meeting ID: 890 5701 1678
Phone dial-in: (312) 626-6799
Audio and video will be muted for members of the public and then unmuted by the host during public comment periods.
- For participants accessing via computer or smartphone please use the “Raise Your Hand” icon to indicate you would like to speak. First, click on the “Participants” icon at the bottom of your screen. Next, click on the “Raise Your Hand” icon near the bottom right corner of the screen.
- To raise your hand for telephone dial-in participants, press *9.
- Members of the public may be muted or removed if using abusive language or if they become disruptive to the meeting.
Any citizen desiring to make a public comment on an agenda item must email their comments to email@example.com either before or during the meeting. Individuals must include their name and address.