As has been done during the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Mt. Pleasant continues to follow recommendations of federal state and county health officials as we navigate through the reopening process. Below is the current reopen schedule for City parks and outdoor facilities.
This timeline is subject to change based on updated information from health officials. Failure to follow social distancing protocols and posted occupancy levels may lead to facility closures.
June 11, 2020: Island Park Skate Park and Hannah’s Bark Park will reopen. Both parks will have capacity limits and visitors must adhere to social distancing guidelines.
June 22, 2020: Island Park Spray Park and the following park restrooms and ballfields to open.
- Island Park Spray Park: Capacity limits will be posted and visitors must adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Park Restrooms: Island Park South, Pickens, Yost
- Ballfields: Pickens, Yost
July 1, 2020: Opening of additional park restrooms and limited park shelter reservations.
- Park Restrooms: Island Park North, Nelson, Chipp-A-Waters
- Park Shelters Available for Reservations: Island Park, Chipp-A-Waters, Yost, Nelson Park Gazebo open with limited occupancy and seating capacity. Visitors must adhere to social distancing and occupancy guidelines.
Facilities Currently Closed:
- Lower Pickens Field closed due to Spring flooding.
- Island Park Softball fields closed due to Spring flooding.
- Restrooms at Horizon, Mill Pond, Mission Creek and Sunnyside Parks.
- Shelters at Horizon, Mill Pond, Mission Creek Park and Sunnyside Parks.
Information regarding facilities reopening will be updated and shared via the City’s website (www.mt-pleasant.org), Blog (mpcityblog.com), Facebook and Twitter accounts, MACTV Charter Spectrum Channel 188, and the Community Information Phone Line (989) 779-5320.