Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, March 9, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Commission Room.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held February 24, 2020.
2) Minutes of the closed session of the City Commission held February 24, 2020.
3) Bid of Block Farm Operations, LLC of Weidman, MI for the 2020 Lime Residuals Removal project.
4) Authorize an advanced commitment of 500 tons of road salt for early delivery as seasonal backup for 2021 through the State of Michigan MiDeal Purchasing Program.
5) Approve the resolution as part of the grant process for the 2020 Brown Street Reconstruction Project as presented.
6) Receive City requests for Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe 2% allocations.
7) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a public hearing and postponed action on Special Assessment District 1-2020 until the next meeting.
Postponed action on the bid for Michigan Street Reconstruction until the next meeting.
Approved a budget amendment of $40,000 from the Economic Initiatives Fund to the TIFA-CBD to be used for marketing and promotion as outlined in the recommendation dated February 25, 2020.
Approved vote by roll call on the issue of agreement with Michigan Community Capital for the administration of the EGLE grant for 410 W. Broadway as drafted by the City Attorney.
Authorized the Mayor and Clerk to sign the agreement with Michigan Community Capital for the administration of the EGLE grant for 410 W. Broadway as drafted by the City Attorney.
Made appointments as recommended by the Appointments Committee.
Conducted work sessions on 1) Solid waste pick up discussion for non-single family residential buildings; and 2) Conference Room E renovation review.
Adjourned the meeting at 9:05 p.m.