Here are 5 things to watch at the May 29, 2018 City Commission meeting:
- Special Olympics Michigan Week: Mayor Allison Quast-Lents will proclaim May 31 – June 2, 2018 as Special Olympics Michigan Week to recognize the positive impact Special Olympics has on the lives of its athletes and family members, providing opportunities for inclusion, health screening and lifelong fitness. Special Olympics Michigan’s headquarters and the State Summer Games have been a part of the Mt. Pleasant community since 1972 and is celebrating its 50th anniversary.
- Neighborhood Mini Grant:A $500 mini grant will be presented to the South West Association of Neighbors to fund a neighborhood newsletter, as well as support three block parties and a neighborhood garden walk.
- 2017 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report:The 2017 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report has been finalized and will be presented to the City Commission by the audit firm. The report is available for viewing on the City’s website here.
- Capital Improvement Plan:A public hearing will be held and the City Commission will consider approving the 2019-2023 Capital Improvement Plan. The plan can be viewed on the City’s website here.
- Medical Marihuana Facilities Ordinances:Two public hearings will be held on ordinances related to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act (MMMFLA). These ordinances would “opt in” to the state law allowing medical marihuana facilities to operate within the City subject to certain limitations. The Planning Commission held a public hearing on the draft ordinances in early May and provided the City Commission with comments and recommendations following that public hearing. The draft ordinances have been revised to reflect the recommendations made by the Planning Commission. The City Commission will hold a work session on Monday, June 4 at 6:30 p.m. to discuss the outcomes of the public hearing process and next steps. To learn more about these ordinances, go to www.mt-pleasant.org/mmmfla.
To see the full City Commission agenda and packet for May 29, 2018, click here.
Mt. Pleasant City Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the second and fourth Monday of the month at 7 p.m., and at 6:30 p.m. from May 28-September 3.